lunes, 11 de agosto de 2008

Look after your Tagine



If looked after a tagine will last you many years,I have one in my kitchen I bought in Rabbat in 1996. I don't use it every day obviously but its there when I need it.
The most damaging factor for a tagine is heat the pot will take high heat but it has to be heated slowly and aloud to cool naturally, heat diffusers can be used to spread the heat when cooking,personally I just place the tagine direct on the hob then heat slowly.
For serving I always use a straw tagine mat. The worst you can do, is place a hot tagine on a cold surface for it will surely crack.



Most tagines are glazed,but you can buy unglazed for me these have a more natural look,but need treating before use.To do this you need a mixture of cooking oil and chopped onions,coat the inside of the Tagine with the mixture.Then leave about a 1/3 of a cup in the Tagine.
Place the Tagine in the oven or hob, on a low flame and leave for 1-2 hours.Let the Tagine cool naturally.

No hay comentarios: